I have had Irritable Bowl Syndrome off and on for some time now. I have of course learned a number of foods to avoid to decrease my chance of having issues. It really is a person to person thing, but for those looking to try and narrow it down, first look at Fodmap foods. Some of them are on my avoid list. Ideally you would want to avoid them all, and slowly introduce them one by one. When the pain has already started though, here are a few things I have found to help, or not help. So here are my on-going and rough notes on the subject.
The following may help:
- Blueberries (intestin Anti inflammatory ) //may have helped
- Tart cherries
- Kombucha with Ginger “Champlain” strain //Helped me a bit
- Kiefer //did not make much difference for me
- Yogurt //did not help much
- Probiotics Pills //Helped a lot, but only the following and in higher doses, like 10-100 billion per day
- Florastor Probiotic //one of the 2 I narrowed it down too
- Philips Colon Health Digestive Probiotic //the other
- Fiber supplements made it way worse, all the different ones I tried.
- Stress reduction via meditation
Other resources to read:
http://www.symprove.com/ //been meaning to try this too